Friday, May 9, 2008

Stop mourning and start moving

Just as I thought life is getting better in Perth and I am pretty much settling well in this foreign land, I received a bloody news from my housemate last wednesday.. THE LANDLORD WANTS BACK THE HOUSE!!!!!

The first thing crossed my mind was she must be joking.. I just couldn't believe this kind of thing will happen to me at this point of time. We are only given 60 DAYS to find a new place and move!! Where the hell am I going to find a house that is suitable in such a short period. What add salt to the wound is me and my housemate both are having exam soon. Sigh...

The saddest bit is to move out from this house that I currently stay. I really really love this place. It is so convenient and so comfortable to stay although I know it is a bit pricey. But after 4 months of living in this house, me and my housemate already settled in quite well. We still plan to stay here till we graduate.. Just want to live happily ever after in this place :P

Maybe to a lot of the others moving house is not a big deal and no matter how frustrating and sad this is the fact that I had to face. But for me, Im this kind of person that I really hate to move out from my comfort zone when I start to established one. 4 months since I came Perth I had slowly settled down and already feel safe and comfortable living in this place. Now out of a sudden I had to move out from here to god knows where in such a short period.

Although I know by kicking such a big fuss about it wouldn't change anything and therefore I should just keep quiet and start looking for a place.I still find it is so unfair and I am still finding it hard to accept this fact.Having said that, I thought I deserved at least a few days to mourn over my 'lost', which I did.

And now.. I think is the time to stop mourning and start moving. Got to think of a way to get some compenstion from my inconsiderate landlord. Starting a new house need to pay for so much relocation fees. Have to pay for all the termination fees for the electric, phone and internet that we had just set up less than 3 months. Another thing is most of the house now is unfurnished which means that we have to spend a boom to get all the essential furnitures. What a pain in the neck.

Life is never a smooth sailing.. how true the saying..Just the same day when I received this worst news ever, my psych consultant was asking me how am I settling in coz he just knew that Im a transferred student. I still happily told him that everything is fine and I am settling well here. how irony. Well, let's just hope this is another blessing in disguise. Pray hard that I can find another place and settle down asap before my mid year exam... sigh...

No comments: