Thursday, May 1, 2008

Enjoying life in Psychiatric!!!

Im now doing my Psych in Fremantle..A holiday city with heaps of cafe, shops and of course people. But now Im meeting more than just ordinary people..Im meeting all sorts of 'interesting' people everyday ...

Finishing my 3rd week in Psych now. Have heaps of fun here. I am so luckly that I was assigned to a really good team with a helpful registrar and easy going consultant. Nice people in the ward and of course lots of interesting stories everyday that made my life more fun.

We always joke about how life is good in psych. Everyday all we do is jus talking.. Haha.. As usual talking is never a hard job for me, it will only be hard if i dont get to talk:P Saw some really intereing character who are floridly psychotic, we met with jesus, allah, buddha every now and then. Everything is just extraordinary, we even have a brown bread that will 'talk' to the patient in the ward. But of coz, despite the fact that some stories are amusing and interesting, they are all sad stories for the patients and their family. I met a 16 year old boy who just become psychotic suddenly and no one is able to make any sense of what he is talking about. Sad case indeed for a young boy like him.

Another thing that I enjoyed a lot is PBL. Don't feel that Im a psycho as well but this round the PBL is much more fun because we had a 'weird' facilitator. The 1st impression I had for him is he is exactly the real life version of Dr House. Eccentric Agentina man. Apparently he is a world known neuropyschiatrist who has a lab in a 'dungeon' in fremantle hospital. He obeys to no rules. He says all the PBL trigger are bull shits and we can just skip his session if we want to. But he is so good that he is able to drawn our attention to everything that he says. From him , we learnt about the wonder and depth in psych. Good experience I would say for everyone of us who are so new in this area.

Life is getting better because Im not that busy now as compare to when I was doing Gen Med. The only thing that trouble me is my stupid internet that had not been working for 2 weeks now. I wonder when can I get back a new modem. Sigh..hate the fact that I had to go to library everyday after hospital to check my email and stuffs. I feel so socially impaired now. OMG...

No comments: